Sony has really been stepping up their game over the past year when it comes to understanding how to run a digital storefront. Sure, Steam's been offering crazy sales for years now, and Nintendo and Microsoft offer the occasional deal on their consoles, but Sony's ability to grasp the power of deep discounts easily surpasses the competition.
They're back at it again this weekend only with another "Flash Sale," an increasingly common occurrence on the PSN Store. This time, though, we get a 30-game selection all priced at the irresistible 99 cent price point!
A few games that I picked up this morning:
- Braid: I originally played this breakout Xbox Live title on Microsoft's console, but I'll gladly play a dollar to keep this loaded on my PS Vita for a second time-twisting adventure.
- Telltale Games' Back to the Future: The Game: This precursor to the brilliant The Walking Dead games certainly didn't get the most praise, but I'm willing it to give it a shot at this price.
- Gex: Enter the Gecko: A game I missed back on the original PlayStation, I've always wanted to experience this pre-Geico lizard's tale.
- Tales of Monkey Island: Here's another game I never played on its original release (or subsequent re-release). I've heard enough good things about it, though, that I won't pass it up again.
- Spyro: The Dragon: I remember maybe renting this game back in the early PlayStation days, but this is another game I won't mind having around. In case you didn't know, this is one of the first games by developer Insomniac Games, now better known for the Ratchet & Clank Resistance series.
There are plenty of other games, though--what looks good to you?